• Administrators

Since we're all new here, think it'd be great to start a thread where everyone can post a little about themselves. Here are some suggested things to add, but feel free to add anything else you'd like!

Name/Handle?
Have you played any of the Expedition games? Which was your favorite
What kinds of games do you like to play? (Aside from Turn Based RPGs of course!)
Bonus Question: Do you have any pets?

• Administrators

Name/Handle = THQN Brad

I played both previous games. I loved the storytelling in Vikings, so that's my favorite

I play all types of games (name a genre, I've probably played it some!)

Sadly I don't have any pets; we lost our dear pet rabbit earlier this year. She was quite old and had a great life, but miss her every day =(

Name/Handle = Fijure

I played both Conquistador and Viking several times. I am one of those who appreciate COnquistador more, because it had a better open world feel, that really gave a sense of exploration. 

For games Expeditions is actually the only RPG; I mostly play RTS and shooters. 

I used to have a pet mudskipper but regrettably it is dead as a dodo. 

Bonus information: I made the TVTropes article for Expeditions: Conquistador many years ago. 

- Scylla or Saint Scylla
- I've heard lots of good things about both Conquistador and Viking but didn't get to play them yet. Rome will probably be my entry in the series 🙂
- I play all kinds of PC games but with a marked preference for turn-based genres such as tacticals, board games, deckbuilders, 4X and more. I'm one of the admins of Turn-Based Tactics, a Steam community run by gamers for gamers and dedicated to these genres.

- SolInvictus (I'm a fan of Emperor Aurelian if you couldn't tell :D)

- Never played Expeditions before but my love for Ancient Rome led me to found this game. I'm very excited about it as having a story game centered in this era which is not a strategic game (aka Total war) is very rare

- Play all kind of historical games (Total War, Paradox) also enjoy some fantasy RPGs or tactical combats (Obsidian's Tyranny for example).

- No pets but enjoying doing trip into the nature and admire the wild animals in their own natural environment.

• Gwydden, shockingly enough.
  • I've played both previous games, though I am currently working on finishing them. Of the two, Viking is much more my speed.
  • I'd say I play about 60% strategy games, 30% RPGs, and 10% small indie titles (platformers, point & click adventures, co-op games...).
  • Alas, no pets. Too expensive. Hope springs eternal, though.

1/ IsaMajor or Isa.

2/ I've played Vikings and I really loved the game (300+ hours on it, I tried to do every choice or route, I've researched all dialogues and etc into the editor...). And since I'm French, I've been really impressed by the translation, too.

3/ I like classical RPGs (not action ones) and games like Civilization and Crusader Kings.

Bonus : I've three cats (Missy, Nugget and Patapon)

• 2 months later...

Tokala - I wrote some comments, but did not introduce myself - not very polite, Iam sorry.

I played Conquistador (after Vikings) and enjoyed it very much - it made me play Vikings again, especially since I did not finish it completely the last time. The concept is outstanding altogether.

My favourite games are indeed turnbased RPG`s, preferrably with a good story, intelligent dialogues , deep characters (it all started with Baldur`s Gate, yes :-), but to mention a few newer ones , e.g. Tyranny or Blades of the Shogun).

And since good ones take their time to develop I sometimes enjoy adventures (e.g. Book of Unwritten Tales) in between.

I used to have dogs - they died - fortunately of old age - but I love cats as well, most animals actually.