I need help - Missions got impossible to beat

Nimai

Greetings. First of all I have to say that this game is simply amazing, I never liked the tile based hero combat but this game is an expection. Great work!

However, I have a problem. I started my campaign during the demo on hard and with combat perma-death on. Which turned out not being a good idea (the combat perma-death that is). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind retrying 6+ times and fighting hard for my victories, it feels sweet. But the problem now is that, since I have ironman on, I find myself getting into missions with insufficiently skilled and equipped praetorians for the fight ahead and it's getting unbearable, it's simply impossible for me to pass one pacification mission, I can't even get to kill half of the enemies before they are reinforced and I get massacred. Sadly, there is no option to retreat from a mission - Which gives me no choice to upgrade my skills and equipment to beat the level. The difficulty is just so high that I don't think I can possibly win that mission, it seems that my last option is to, unfortunately, use a cheat menu. Which I'm trying to prevent by asking if there's any other solution to this. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks 🙂